The Corporate.ie Events Team had the honour of co-ordinating the overall event strategy and project management for the 28,000 travelling supporters and guests of Notre Dame. The project, concept to delivery, was worked on by our team for a eighteen month period in advance of the actual events from 29th August – 2nd September 2012.
Notre Dame A Welcome Home Weekend (The Pep-Rally!), The O2 Arena, Friday 31st August – 5:30pm – 11:00pm
- Attended by 8,500 people, including the Taoiseach who addressed the audience.
- Hosted by Miriam O’Callaghan, guests included US actor Martin Short and President of Notre Dame University Father John Jenkins.
- Musical performances by the University of Notre Dame Marching Band, Damien Dempsey, The High Kinds, Brian Kennedy, Liam O’Flynn, Anthony Kearns, Eimear Quinn and original dance piece created specifically for the event by Riverdance Collin Dunne.
- Pre event hospitality for over 1400 guests.
- Broadcast live by RTE and streamed live on youtube to a potential audience of 40 million people. – Sponsored by Glen Dimplex, The Gathering and Connect Ireland.
- All ticket sale revenue generated was donated to local Irish Charities – Euro 125,000
Notre Dame Thanksgiving Mass, Dublin Castle, Saturday 1st September – 9:00am – 10:00am
- Attended by 5,000 people
- Streamed live by RTE player to the US
- Televised by RTE
- Presented by the Archbishop Diarmuid Martin
Notre Dame Tailgate, Temple Bar, Saturday 1st September – 10:00am – 1:30pm
- Attended by 25,000 Notre Dame Supporters
- Featuring a parade and performance by the 200 piece Notre Dame Marching Band Parade
- Creation of a Traditional Rural Irish Village created in the City
- Sponsored by Coca Cola, Bord Bia and Temple Bar Traders
President’s Lunch, Aviva Stadium, Saturday 1st September – 11:00am – 2:00pm– Pre-game Corporate Event
- Attended by 1,200
- Including the Taoiseach, General Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Key political, academic and business figures from Ireland and the US.